Understanding and setup/configure every module/section/field in front-end and back-end

• 1. Supplier
    In back-end is possible to setup supplier.

a) One field to fill is "Multiplier". I dont understand the meaning and purpose of this field even after consult dictionary. Can you please clarify me?

b) What is the general purpose of the Supplier section? I see no connection of this information with front end or other module. Can you show me the use of supplier information ?

c) After create a supplier then we have a button "MULTIIMPORT". I dont understand the use of this button! Is it used to import products and categories? If yes, where the products and categories must be found and in what format ? What about Headerfile?

2. Administrator
    I see that I can add from back end the admin groups and rights groups. What about if I want to add new administrator? I suppose it is possible by hand directly in database in table ms_admin by adding customer_id and admin_group_id. Correct ?

3. Setup new customer
    a) customer_id:
    I see that customer_id is not used for login, so what is the purpose of this data?
    If I want to insert a customer_id value, which value I insert? numerical value? how many character? How can I ensure that different customer have different id ?

b) Options
    - disallowed payment methods: what values are available to insert here?
    - disallowed shipping methods: what values are available to insert here?
    - yes/no: what is the influence of yes/no ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by veiga: Add new subject withing topic ().

• a) One field to fill is "Multiplier". I dont understand the meaning and purpose of this field even after consult dictionary. Can you please clarify me?

Multiplier is the multiplier which is applied to the imported prices bei the multiimport module, e.g.
    multiplier: 1.1 (+10%)
    price: 10.00
    imported price will be 11.00
    or
    multiplier: 0.8 (-20%)
    price: 10.00
    imported price will be 8.00

b) What is the general purpose of the Supplier section? I see no connection of this information with front end or other module. Can you show me the use of supplier information ?

Suppliers don't have any connection to the frontend, it's only for multiimport purposes and its price calculation on importing items.

c) After create a supplier then we have a button "MULTIIMPORT". I dont understand the use of this button! Is it used to import products and categories? If yes, where the products and categories must be found and in what format ? What about Headerfile?

Multiimport can have different templates for different CSV file formats. You can import/update products or products and categories. The headerfile is the first row of the file which should have the columns of the CSV file. These columns can be assigned to the store columns, which will be shown at the next step, see:
    H.H.G. multistore wiki - multiimport
    Data source format will be the same as the database column values.

I see that I can add from back end the admin groups and rights groups. What about if I want to add new administrator? I suppose it is possible by hand directly in database in table ms_admin by adding customer_id and admin_group_id. Correct ?

A new administrator is a new customer which is added at the front- or backend and assigned, by editing it, to the admin customer group and after savings this editing again for his administrator group, sure you'll be able to do it over database, but you should use the backend.

a) customer_id:
    I see that customer_id is not used for login, so what is the purpose of this data?

Customer id is only informative for bindings to ERP systems and their customer accounts there.

If I want to insert a customer_id value, which value I insert? numerical value? how many character? How can I ensure that different customer have different id ?

This field is varchar, so you'll be able to set any kind of values needed for your purposes.

- disallowed payment methods: what values are available to insert here?

You'll have to enter the internal names of the plugins, see

Admin => modules => payment options

e.g.

cc

for

Credit Card

- disallowed shipping methods: what values are available to insert here?

As well as the payment modules, see

Admin => modules => shipping options

e.g.

ups

for

United Parcel Service Standard

- yes/no: what is the influence of yes/no ?

Yes, emm, translation is missing there ^^

Translation would be:

Edit wishlist:

nice, the same as the german one. This option enables wishlists of customers.

P.S.: I hope this is your last summaring thread, we would be appreciated if you could start one thread per case.

• Setup new admin. Customer group
    In fact I can add the customer group named "Admin" to a customer to become him an admin (see file1 attached)

On the other hand I can add new admin group (see file2 attached), which is not listed as customer group.

a) So, how can I setup a customer to become an admin of specific admin group ?

b) what are the meaning of the number "0" for Admin (0) and "3" for Merchant (3) (See attached file3)

• a) So, how can I setup a customer to become an admin of specific admin group ?

After assigning customer group, you'll be able to assign admin group if you open it again after saving it.

b) what are the meaning of the number "0" for Admin (0) and "3" for Merchant (3) (See attached file3)

That are the id's of the customer statusses

• That's your own root account, created on store setup. Create a new customer account and assign admin customer group, save it, reopen it for edit again.

• no problem =)

store_files/n/lang/english/admin/admin_lang_english.conf

Line: 301

Code
    1. text_account = 'account:'
    2. [customers_status]

change to:

Code
    1. text_account = 'account:'
    2. text_requestlist = 'Edit wishlist:'
    3. [customers_status]
  • Tryed to add
    text_requestlist = 'Edit wishlist:'

before, according to your guide, and now I tryed again, but I get error when I go to admin (see attached file)

Note: the error occurs only with english language. If I edit only othe languages no error is displayed but the label is missing when english is selected.

• I solved the problem of text_requestlist = 'Edit wishlist:' by replacing the english file with one of other language. May be some wrong info were in such file.

• You should only insert this row, other language files have other languages ;)